Duties and Responsibilities
● Attend all Council Meetings.
● Call and preside over all Council and executive meetings.
● Ensure that communication is maintained between the Community Council Members.
● Liaise with Council Treasurer to monitor the Community’s financial position.
● Ensure that all Community Council members are fulfilling their roles in accordance with their job descriptions.
● Ensure that there are complete and accurate descriptions of GDSO Council Roles and Program Volunteer roles written and available to the GDSO Community.
● Act as liaison between the Provincial office and the Council.
● Ensure new policies are communicated to and followed by membership.
● Be knowledgeable of and understand the guidelines, policies and bylaws of Special Olympics Ontario.
● Act as the point of contact, or designate a point of contact, for public inquiries regarding local programs.
● Review and be familiar with all sections on the S.O.O. information portal.
● Work with Head Coaches and Council to complete all endorsement and games paperwork in a timely fashion during games years.
● Provide Provincial Staff Representative/Liaison the Community Program and make updates on a semiannual basis or as changes are made.
● Act as one of the signing authorities within the Community.
● Ensure the review of the Community Operating Guidelines on a yearly basis with Community Council, and make updates or changes that are necessary after receiving approval from the Provincial Staff Representative.
● Maintain the Special Olympics e-mail address that is provided to you if applicable.
● Orientate the succeeding Community Coordinator before vacating the position.
● Upon vacating the position all files etc. must be passed on to the new Community Coordinator.