COMMUNITY COORDINATOR / COUNCIL CHAIR
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend all Council Meetings.
- Call and preside over all Council and executive meetings.
- Ensure that communication is maintained between the Community Council Members.
- Liaise with Council Treasurer to monitor the Community’s financial position.
- Ensure that all Community Council members are fulfilling their roles in accordance with their job descriptions.
- Act as liaison between the Provincial office and the Council.
- Ensure new policies are communicated to and followed by membership.
- Be knowledgeable of and understand the guidelines, policies and bylaws of Special Olympics Ontario.
- Act as the point of contact, or designate a point of contact, for public inquiries regarding local programs.
- Maintain the Special Olympics e-mail address that is provided to you if applicable.
- Review and be familiar with all sections on the S.O.O. information portal.
- Work with Head Coaches and Council to complete all endorsement and games paperwork in a timely fashion during games years.
- Provide Provincial Staff Representative/Liaison the Community Program and make updates on a semiannual basis or as changes are made.
- Act as one of the signing authorities within the Community.
- Ensure the review of the Community Operating Guidelines on a yearly basis with Community Council, and make updates or changes that are necessary after receiving approval from the Provincial Staff Representative.
- Orientate the succeeding Community Coordinator before vacating the position.
- Upon vacating the position all files etc. must be passed on to the new Community Coordinator.