COMMUNITY SCHOOL LIAISON COORDINATOR
non-voting member position
Duties and Responsibilities
● Establish and maintain a relationship with Special Olympics Ontario and the S.O.O. – Greater Durham Community Council.
● Promote opportunities for student-athletes to attend S.O.O./school board partnership programs.
● Distribute local S.O.O. information to school boards staff for distribution.
● Distribute information to guidance departments of secondary schools with regard to volunteer opportunities relating to S.O.O.
● Attend S.O.O. – Greater Durham Community Council meetings at a minimum twice a year to provide updates on school events relating to S.O.O.
● Be familiar with sections 1, 6, 7, 8, 12, 17 and 18 on the S.O.O. information portal.