Duties and Responsibilities
● Attend all Council meetings
● Assumes all duties of the Community Coordinator/Council Chair in their absence.
● Ensure information is disseminated between Community Council members and amongst the community at large.
● Ensure that all District and Sport Conference meetings are attended by a member of the community, to ensure the community interests are represented.
● Be knowledgeable of and understand the guidelines, policies and bylaws of Special Olympics Ontario.
● Review and be familiar with all sections on the S.O.O. information portal.
● Act as one of the signing authorities within the Community.
● Encourage recruitment of volunteers to act as Council members for vacated positions.
● To work with the Technical Coordinator to ensure storage facilities are maintained and equipment is distributed and collected in a timely manner. Be responsible for holding one set of keys for the GDSO storage facilities
● Maintain the Special Olympics e-mail address that is provided, if applicable.
● Upon vacating the position all files etc. must be passed on to the new Community Vice Coordinator / Council Vice-Chair