COMMUNITY VICE-COORDINATOR / COUNCIL VICE-CHAIR
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend all Council meetings
- Assumes all duties of the Community Coordinator/Council Chair in their absence.
- Ensure information is disseminated between Community Council members and amongst the community at large.
- Ensure that all District and Sport Conference meetings are attended by a member of the community, to ensure the community interests are represented.
- Encourage recruitment of volunteers to act as Council members for vacated positions.
- Be knowledgeable of and understand the guidelines, policies and bylaws of Special Olympics Ontario.
- Maintain the Special Olympics e-mail address that is provided, if applicable.
- Review and be familiar with all sections on the S.O.O. information portal.
- Act as one of the signing authorities within the Community.
- Upon vacating the position all files etc. must be passed on to the new Community Vice-Coordinator / Council Vice-Chair.