COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
Duties and Responsibilities
● Attend all Council meetings.
● Ensure there are complete and accurate descriptions of Program Volunteer roles written and available to the Community.
● Ensure that interviews, selection and placement of volunteers are conducted as per S.O.O. policies and procedures.
● Ensure the most appropriate and effective methods of recruitment are being utilized for all sports clubs and Community Council.
● Liaise with your Provincial Staff Representative in regards to recruitment and recognition strategies.
● Consult with other Community Council members and Head Coaches and Managers to determine their volunteer needs, and to ensure that they are meeting the required ratio for their sport.
● Work with the Community Registrar to ensure all new registration forms are completed correctly and sent in to the S.O.O. Database Administrator with the proper documentation.
● Keep up to date records of volunteer service (e.g. application forms, volunteer logs, positions held, years of service).
● Assist the Provincial Office in distributing years of service awards.
● Review and be familiar with sections 1,6,9,10,13 and 18 on the S.O.O. information portal.
● Maintain the Special Olympics e-mail address that is provided to you if applicable.
● Upon vacating the position all files etc. must be passed on to the new Volunteer Coordinator.