COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend all Council meetings.
- Consult with other Community Council members and Head Coaches to determine their volunteer needs.
- Ensure there are complete and accurate position descriptions written and available to the Community.
- Ensure that interviews, selection and placement of volunteers are conducted as per S.O.O. policies and procedures.
- Determine the best way of recruiting volunteers for the sports clubs and Community Council.
- Ensure the appropriate and most effective methods of recruitment are being utilized.
- Liaise with your Provincial Staff Representative in regards to recruitment and recognition strategies.
- Keep up to date records of volunteer service (e.g. application forms, volunteer logs, positions held, years of service).
- Assist the Provincial Office in distributing years of service awards.
- Review and be familiar with sections 1,6,9,10,13 and 18 on the S.O.O. information portal.
- Maintain the Special Olympics e-mail address that is provided to you if applicable.
- Upon vacating the position all files etc. must be passed on to the new Volunteer Coordinator.