SPORT TECHNICAL COORDINATOR
Duties and Responsibilities
● Primary contact between Head Coaches/coaches and the Community Council on sport technical matters.
● Liaise with the Registrar and the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure current ‘Coaches Code of Conduct’ is completed for all coaches.
● Ensure there are complete and accurate descriptions of Program Volunteer roles written and available to the Community.
● Interact with parents, coaches, and athletes to ensure that sports programs are being run in accordance with Provincial, Regional guidelines.
● Liaise with the Volunteer Coordinator, Head Coaches and Manager to ensure participation ratios of athletes to coaches are within safe and effective limits (ex. 4:1)
● Liaise with sport technical coordinators from other communities and serve as a resource for coaches to “best practices” done in other community programs.
● Function as a link between the Community Council and various sport clubs in communicating relevant changes and updates.
● Ensure ample competitive opportunities are available to all sport programs; work with provincial seasonal competition managers if opportunities
● Inform Provincial Staff Representative of any invitational competitions for monitoring and promotion purposes.
● Educate the importance of and monitor completion of SOC NCCP coaching courses of all S.O.O. coaches.
● Ensure Head coaches/Team managers are tracking athlete participation as part of the requirement of SOO and potential of competing at higher levels.
● Monitor SOC NCCP Technical Practical Hours (with head coaches) and ensure completed forms are sent to S.O.O.
● Promote Provincial area Coaches meetings to all community coaches and attend with them.
● Conduct a coaches meeting each Season (Winter/Summer) These meetings should be held approx. 1 month prior to start of sessions (early August/April).
● To work with the Community Vice Chair to ensure storage facilities are maintained and equipment is distributed and collected in a timely manner. Be responsible for holding one set of keys for the GDSO storage facilities
● Keep the council and SOO informed regarding an Accident or Incident. Assist those who must complete the Accident and Incident forms and ensure that they are forwarded to SOO and GDSO promptly.
● Review and be familiar with sections 1,6,7,10,11,13,14,17 and 18 on the S.O.O. information portal.
● Maintain the Special Olympics e-mail address that is provided, if applicable.
● Upon vacating the position all files etc. must be passed on to the new Sport Technical Coordinator.