SPORT TECHNICAL COORDINATOR
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary contact between Head Coaches/coaches and the Community Council.
- Work with the Registrar and the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure current ‘Coaches Code of Conduct’ is completed for all coaches.
- Interact with parents, coaches, and athletes to ensure that sports programs are being run in accordance with Provincial and Regional guidelines.
- Ensure participation ratios of athletes to coaches are within safe and effective limits (ex. 4:1).
- Educate the importance of and monitor completion of SOC NCCP coaching courses of all S.O.O. coaches.
- Monitor SOC NCCP Technical Practical Hours (with head coaches) and ensure completed forms are sent to S.O.O.
- Promote provincial area Coaches meetings to all community coaches and attend with them.
- Ensure ample competitive opportunities are available to all sport programs; work with provincial seasonal competition managers if opportunities are lacking.
- Inform Provincial Staff Representative of any invitational competitions for monitoring and promotion purposes.
- Liaise with sport technical coordinators from other communities and serve as a resource for coaches to “best practices” done in other community programs.
- Function as a link between the Community Council and various sport clubs in communicating relevant changes and updates.
- Keep Community Council informed on sport technical matters.
- Assist with any athlete and volunteer issues that may arise (i.e. suspension, discipline, etc.) and keep S.O.O. informed of these incidents using S.O.O. Accident and Incident Forms.
- Work with Head Coaches to locate and procure a practice facility/permits and ensure the facility meets safety standards.
- Arranges transportation for all sporting events requiring buses.
- Review and be familiar with sections 1,6,7,10,11,13,14,17 and 18 on the S.O.O. information portal.
- Maintain the Special Olympics e-mail address that is provided, if applicable.
- Upon vacating the position all files etc. must be passed on to the new Sport Technical Coordinator.