Duties and Responsibilities
● Primary contact between Head Coach/Team Manager and Venders holding their permits. Keep vender and Head Coach/Team Manager up to date with each permit.
● Primary contact between Venders holding the permits and the Community Council.
Liaise with Head Coaches to locate and procure a practice facility/permits and ensure the facility meets safety standards.
● Interact with parents, coaches, and athletes to ensure that sports programs are being run in accordance with the Venders rules and regulations.
● Inform Provincial Staff Representative of any invitational competitions for monitoring and promotion purposes.
● Function as a link between the Community Council and various sport clubs in communicating relevant changes and updates.
● Keep Community Council informed on sport program matters.
● Work with the Treasurer regarding Program expenses and budget
● Renew the GDSO insurance yearly and present the venders who hold the permits with a copy.
● Keep the council and SOO informed regarding an Accident or Incident. Assist those who must complete the Accident and Incident forms and ensure that they are forwarded to SOO and GDSO promptly.
● Liaise with Head Coaches/Team managers regarding transportation for all sporting events requiring buses
● Review and be familiar with sections 1,6,7,10,11,13,14,17 and 18 on the S.O.O. information portal.
● Maintain the Special Olympics e-mail address that is provided, if applicable
● Upon vacating the position all files etc. must be passed on to the new Program Coordinator.