PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR
Duties and Responsibilities
● Attend all Council meetings.
● Internal communications: Ensure that all members are aware of what is going on in their community.
● External communication: Provide education, information and answer inquires of the general public in a timely, consistent and professional manner.
● In conjunction with the Community Council, prepare a Public Relations strategy for the community.
● Liaise with the Fundraising Coordinator to organize and promote community fundraising events such as Durham Regional Police Law Enforcement Torch Run, Polar Plunge, Staples, Sobeys etc
● Create media releases, public service announcements for the community to promote upcoming events, competitions and fundraisers.
● Coordinate the creation of a quarterly newsletter to ensure all stakeholders in the community are made aware of events.
● Ensures the website is maintained and up-to-date.
● Assist Head Coaches in preparing flyers to advertise the start of the sports season or other special events.
● Act as a resource in all areas of public relations to the community as a whole.
● Review and be familiar with sections 1,3,6,13 and 18 on the S.O.O. information portal.
● Monitor Council email address and direct to appropriate Council member, head coach or sports program representative.
● Upon vacating the position all files etc. must be passed on to the new Public Relations Coordinator.