PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend all Council meetings.
- Internal communications: Ensure that all members are aware of what is going on in their community.
- External communication: Provide education, information and answer inquires of the general public in a timely, consistent and professional manner.
- In conjunction with the Community Council, prepare a Public Relations strategy for the community.
- Create media releases, public service announcements for the community to promote upcoming events, competitions and fundraisers.
- Coordinate the creation of a quarterly newsletter to ensure all stakeholders in the community are made aware of events.
- Ensures the website is maintained and up-to-date.
- Assist Head Coaches in preparing flyers to advertise the start of the sports season or other special events.
- Act as a resource in all areas of public relations to the community as a whole.
- Review and be familiar with sections 1,3,6,13 and 18 on the S.O.O. information portal.
- Monitor Council email address and direct to appropriate Council member, head coach or sports program representative.
- Upon vacating the position all files etc. must be passed on to the new Public Relations Coordinator.