Duties and Responsibilities
● Attend all Community Council meetings and give a financial report including transactions and balance for that period. Submit a written report to be attached to minutes.
● Complete a year-end financial statement and submit to your Provincial Staff Representative/Liaison during the month of July.
● Maintain accurate financial records of the Community’s transactions, including receipts and bank statements.
● Act as one of the signing authorities within the Community.
● Issues cheques for Community (sport, volunteer, etc) expenses.
● Submit all funds received to Special Olympics Ontario (SOO) for deposit into Community bank account
● Act as a resource to Community volunteers on all financial matters.
● Ensure that proper financial accountability is maintained within the Community and that SOO’s financial policies are adhered to.
● With the assistance of the Head Coaches, Community Coordinator and Program Coordinator (if applicable), prepare and submit all applications for grants to the Provincial office.
● With the assistance of the Community Coordinator, Executive Members, and Head Coaches prepare the annual budget for the community.
● Review and be familiar with sections 1,2,4,6,12,16 and 18 on the S.O.O. information portal.
● Maintain the Special Olympics e-mail address that is provided to you if applicable.
● Reconcile HST and submit report on an annual basis.
● Upon vacating the position all files etc. must be passed on to the new Treasurer.