COMMUNITY / COUNCIL SECRETARY
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend all Council meetings.
- Record and transcribe all minutes of Community Council and Executive meetings.
- Distribute minutes and other relevant information as required to the Council members in advance of each meeting.
- Forward a copy of all approved minutes to the Provincial Staff Representative.
- Maintain files of minutes, correspondence etc., on the community’s behalf.
- Book meeting rooms and arrange for refreshments if necessary.
- Correspond with Community volunteers, the Provincial office and others as required on behalf of the community.
- Act as one of the signing authorities within the Community.
- Upon vacating the position all files etc. must be passed on to the new secretary.
- Review and be familiar with sections 1,3,6,13 and 18 on the S.O.O. information portal.
- Maintain the Special Olympics e-mail address that is provided to you if applicable.
- Upon vacating the position all files etc. must be passed on to the new Secretary.